New and improved Banner 9 Self-Service applications
What’s new in Banner® Student:
- Attendance Tracking offers faculty members an easy, all-new tool for documenting student attendance, saving your registrar and financial aid officers time. Furthermore, it can be accessed via Ellucian Mobile as an added application.
- Advising Student Profile now consolidates a student’s profile, education and career path on a single page. It is newly accessible to advisors and students, allowing for truly personalized advice that helps students make better academic decisions.
- Student Self-Service now includes Class Roster and View Grades functionalities:
- Class Roster lets teaching staff review their students’ academic profiles and schedules, communicate with students over email, print class rosters and more.
- View Grades lets teaching staff, students, and their advisors view a student’s academic progress.
- Faculty Grade Entry now offers teaching staff mobile capability for entering assignment grades and posting midterm, final and incomplete grades. The application can then automatically compute a final grade. To make things even easier, they can also import grades directly from their existing spreadsheets or their learning management system.
- Events Management helps you plan, manage and monitor both virtual and in-person events such as first-year orientation, seminars and conferences. Attendees can easily register online and they will even receive automatic updates about details such as time and location—so your events will be better attended and you can invest in events that pay off.
- Banner® Registration has been updated with intuitive registration tools and a mobile-friendly design to make it easier than ever for students, advisors and administrators to use. It now includes seamless integration with Ellucian Degree WorksTM, advisor access and registration planning via Student Education Planner. These new features:
- Give advisors the tools they need to help students plan for success
- Let the registrar’s office create demand-analysis reports so they can anticipate course demand
- Deliver global capabilities that allow all Banner Student customers to plan for and track program completion.
What’s new in Banner® General:
- Communication Management offers all-new tools to help you communicate with specific populations using Banner data. Communication Management makes it easy to create and send financial aid award letters, registration reminders, past-due tuition notices and more.
- This new functionality is available across the Banner enterprise for Banner Finance, Human Resources, Student, Financial Aid and Advancement.
- Direct Deposit offers mobile-ready functionality and improved usability to streamline the entry of direct- deposit information for employees and, now, students too.
What’s new in Banner® Human Resources:
- Employee Self-Service features a newly consolidated, easy-to-use dashboard that makes key personnel information readily and easily available. Best of all, it’s configurable, so you can turn features on and off according to your needs.
All-new, user-friendly components include:
- Employee Profile: An intuitive entry point for employees to access their personal, employment and job-related information.
- Labor Redistribution: Essential tools for initiating a labor redistribution in Employee Self-Service, routing for approval and maintaining history for audit purposes.
- Position Description: A time-saving functionality for creating, editing, standardising, routing and approving position descriptions in Banner Human Resources, making posting on multiple job-search sites faster and more efficient.